Empowering Communities through Workforce Development
Our Signature Program: The Career Markeplace
The Career Marketplace helps you source minority professionals, paraprofessionals and entry-level talent. How? By offering the following fee-based services:
U-Post = U-Match, your eSource for Minority Recruiting
You can post your job openings and search a resume database at www.ulkc.org. Any employer may use U-Post = U-Match. However, employers who support the Urban League of Greater Kansas City with an annual partnership receive a discount.You can access this service immediately. Click here for job posting and resume search instructions and pricing.
Applicant Referral Service
This service helps reduce your recruiting burden. By request, we can search our database and pre-screen Career Marketplace job seekers for your openings. If we have career seekers who match the requirements of our openings, we will have them apply per your instructions and then make a referral. The Applicant Referral Service is available to Urban League corporate partners at no charge, but you must request assistance on specific openings. There is a fee for employers who are not corporate partners. For fee information or to request referrals, call 816-471-0550, ext. 28 or email email@example.com.
Annual Career Bazaar & Hiring Fair
In late March or early April, we host an area-wide job fair so you can connect directly with minority career seekers. To get on the promotion list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is a typical Career Marketplace job seeker?
Highly motivated adults 21 years of age or older who are…
- Degreed professionals (about three-quarters of our career seekers hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree)
- Experienced administrative support or operations staff with high school diplomas or the equivalent
- Recent (or soon-to-be) university or college graduates
- Members of professional associations or minority fraternities or sororities
- Those who are re-entering the job market, but have work experience and proven skills
Reach out to the Career Marketplace now!